Illuminate Education: Where Innovation and Expertise Converge
IEUC New York brings together educators for a day of comprehensive professional development. Attendees will learn best practices in using our products and connect with other users.
Who should attend?
- IO Classroom New York City Users – Administrators and Teachers
- Teachers, please speak to your administrative team before you register for approval.
- It's free!
- Comprehensive professional development focused on student and educator success
- Build capacity – bring back what you learn to your school
- Network with other users
- Hear from Keynote speaker, Dr. Amy McCart and learn more about MTSS!
- And of course — have fun!
Thursday, May 28
8 a.m. - 8:55 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Opening Address from CEO, Christine Willig & Keynote Presentation
10:15 a.m. - 12 p.m. Breakout Sessions
12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Lunch
1 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Breakout Sessions
2:45 p.m. - 3 p.m. Closing Remarks
Featured Keynote Speaker
Amy McCart, Ph.D.
Co-Director, SWIFT Education Center
Associate Researcher Professor, University of Kansas
Amy McCart, Ph.D. is an Associate Research Professor with Life Span Institute and Adjunct Faculty status with the Department of Special Education at the University of Kansas. She is the Co-Principal Investigator for the Equity Leadership in High Need Schools research grant, funded through the U.S. Department of Education Office of Elementary and Secondary Education. The focus of this work is to bring about Equity in student outcomes by developing high quality, effective instructional leaders. Dr. McCart is the Co-Director of SWIFT Education Center established in 2012 at the University of Kansas. SWIFT is a national pre-K-12 research and technical assistance center designed to improve outcomes for all students, with emphasis on students of color and those with the most extensive need for support. Dr. McCart leads an amazing team of technical assistance professionals in urban, rural and high need schools across the United States. Dr. McCart was learned much from her co-educators in her work on the ground in a number of urban school districts, including the Recovery School District in New Orleans, Louisiana, the Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools, and the District of Columbia Public Schools. Dr. McCart traveled to Ghana, Africa to support the Ministry of Education and continues their work in supporting all children.
Below is a list of sessions that will be offered at 2020 IEUC NY! Please note, session descriptions will be added by mid-March.
- Unlock the Power of Quality Items Utilizing the Regents, EngageNY, and Inspect Plus Item Banks Confirmation
- Reporting using IO Assessments
- Introductory Session for SchoolCity Suite
- A Client Point of View Panel Discussion
- Welcome to Nerd Tank!
- Introduction to Data Suite for New Schools
- Introductory Session for eduCLIMBER
- IO Classroom FAQs and Features for Teachers: Customize your Workflow
- IO Classroom FAQs and Features for Administrators: Customize your Workflow
- Future of Product
- The Importance of Parent Engagement and How to Use IO Tools to Get Them There
Thursday May 28, 2020
32 Old Slip
New York, NY 10005
Breakfast and lunch included