Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
This role will be a key contributor to the Finance function, responsible for executing the company’s financial planning and metric-based reporting with a heavy focus on forecasting and analysis to drive visibility into Illuminate’s revenue, expenses and functional operations. Additionally, this role will serve as Finance SME on more complex and technical financial analysis projects, including the preparation of forward looking financial statements, M&A support, and lender and board packages.
- Gathers, interprets, and evaluates financial information from multiple sources.
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of financial and other data.
- Develops recommendations to achieve the organizations financial objectives.
- Determines financial consequences of alternative methods, plans and strategies.
- Evaluates financial performance including cost or budget administration.
- Performs complex data modeling and financial analysis.
- 5+ years’ experience in FP&A, Big 4, M&A, PE, or Corporate Strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or a technical field.
- Understanding of financial statement and ratio analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling.
- Demonstrated success building integrated (three financial statements) models and experience forecasting cash and balance sheet items.
- Experience with Adapative Planning and Office Connect.
- Ability to synthesize day-to-day activities in to executive level communications.
- MBA in Finance.
- SaaS background.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between