New York, NY
Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
- Act as a player / coach, meeting or exceeding quarterly / yearly revenue targets.
- Deliver consistent, accurate and reliable forecasting.
- Lead from the front in working with team and client by actively engaging in client meetings and presentations.
- Develop, guide and execute a comprehensive NYC DOE plan and account strategy for the New York City sales team.
- Hold team accountable for defined sales performance plans.
- Accelerate new customer acquisition and upsell growth in existing accounts, while maintaining an accurate sales pipeline.
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives.
- Drive team growth, revenue quota, organizational health and customer satisfaction.
- Remain current and knowledgeable on K-12 educator/customer needs and trends, and position Illuminate’s solutions for meeting those goals and needs.
- Work closely with cross-teams (Marketing, IPD, Implementation, Sales, Finance, etc.) to ensure strong team cohesion and a delightful customer experience.
- Provide market feedback, guidance, and strategy to inform and shape Illuminate New York City solutions, innovations and market position.
- Develop and foster long-term relationships with key, strategic customers.
- Responsible for New York City DOE complete and accurate on-going maintenance of accounts, forecasts, proposals, and account activity in Salesforce.com.
- Relentlessly ensure customer success and reference quality of relationships.
- Ability to travel with team and to visit customers (minimum 50%).
- BA/BS in business management or related field. MBA a plus.
- 8-10 years sales/business development, ideally for a leading software or enterprise platform company.
- 5-7 years minimum of sales region/territory management in SaaS, education technology, platform or similar business.
- Deep awareness and familiarity with current K-12 Education climate, topics, trends.
- Proven track record of measuring / achieving / exceeding revenue goals.
- Ability to identify strategic K-12 education client needs/pains and develop unique and compelling solutions that target K-12 stakeholders (buyers, educators, students).
- Successful at engaging with all levels in an organization, including executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, carry through, and close deals.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Moderate technical background, with basic understanding of SaaS industry in general.
- Deep understanding of K-12 US district, county, and state purchasing process and cycle.
- Other qualities: think outside-the-box, driven, self-starter, learner.
- Have experience with Salesforce.com and ability to manage a variety of software business tools, including PowerPoint, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between