Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
We are looking for a seasoned, hardworking, smart and over achieving Account Executive with proven experience and a passion for selling content and technology solutions to school district decision-makers. This individual will support Key Data Systems (KDS), Illuminate's content business, and will sell into new prospects and coordinate with existing customers. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and delight, and contribution to overall sales team success.
- Drive sales activity, including opportunity management and supporting sales executives with solution selling into prospect account base.
- Partner with sales executives, product management, and product marketing to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles.
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions.
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition.
- Manage all aspects of customer responses.
- Effectively communicate client needs to the product development team for future enhancements.
- Accurately report forecast and pipeline in timely fashion.
- Collect and document competitive intelligence.
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions, including content, curriculum, and/or formative assessment.
- Proven work experience as an Account Executive, Sales Engineer or Sales Specialist.
- Background in K12 EdTech industry strongly preferred. Teaching/administration experience a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel an average of 50% (travel is seasonal/cyclical and ranges from 30-75% depending on time of year and business needs).
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with decision makers.
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary diplomacy skills, including negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams of subject matter experts, business stakeholders, client-facing staff and customers.
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills, including planning and delivering high-stakes presentations and demos to large enterprise customers and senior leadership.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal- oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!