Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team! This person will work closely with the Engineering team, being responsible for all the production and non-production environments of Illuminate. You will handle building, implementing and releasing infrastructure tools, automating the deployment pipeline, and working with development teams to help build and maintain all services.
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures.
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
- Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud stack.
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts.
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Full stack development opportunities depending on the candidate's capabilities.
- Provide a microservices-based Cloud landscape to host a variety of web applications and services for all users.
- Deploy a scalable infrastructure, which hosts a variety of web applications and APIs using configuration management tools.
- Research and implement new systems to keep our Cloud landscape at the forefront of technological innovation.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional, distributed Scrum teams to identify and solve challenging issues for our Cloud solutions.
- Automate deployment and continuously monitor a scalable, immutable infrastructure to ensure that users have their products and services available at any time.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience, preferably with high-volume applications.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration as well as a command of networking and TCP/IP.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using technologies such as: Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Minimum 1 year experience with a major cloud provider (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) and that cloud provider's scaling technologies such as instance templates and auto-scaling groups.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with technologies such as: Jenkins, Concourse, Drone, Spinnaker, TravisCI, etc.
- Working knowledge of open source technologies such as: RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL; specifically PostgreSQL and MS SQL.
- Intermediate knowledge of programming and scripting in at least one major language such as: Java, PHP, C#, Python, Ruby, C++, etc.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.