Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team! This person will work closely with the Engineering team, being responsible for all the production and non-production environments of Illuminate. You will handle building, implementing and releasing infrastructure tools, automating the deployment pipeline, and working with development teams to help build and maintain all services.
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures.
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems.
- Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud stack.
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts.
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Full stack development opportunities depending on the candidate's capabilities.
- Provide a microservices-based Cloud landscape to host a variety of web applications and services for all users.
- Deploy a scalable infrastructure, which hosts a variety of web applications and APIs using configuration management tools.
- Research and implement new systems to keep our Cloud landscape at the forefront of technological innovation.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional, distributed Scrum teams to identify and solve challenging issues for our Cloud solutions.
- Automate deployment and continuously monitor a scalable, immutable infrastructure to ensure that users have their products and services available at any time.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience, preferably with high-volume applications.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration as well as a command of networking and TCP/IP.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using technologies such as: Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Minimum 1 year experience with a major cloud provider (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) and that cloud provider's scaling technologies such as instance templates and auto-scaling groups.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with technologies such as: Jenkins, Concourse, Drone, Spinnaker, TravisCI, etc.
- Working knowledge of open source technologies such as: RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL; specifically PostgreSQL and MS SQL.
- Intermediate knowledge of programming and scripting in at least one major language such as: Java, PHP, C#, Python, Ruby, C++, etc.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between