Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
The role of the Collection Supervisor is to lead a team of collectors and assist them in achieving the
company’s financial goals. They will assign accounts, set goals and prepare reports for the team, create
and monitor dunning notices within the system as applicable and prepare reports for leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the team of collectors on a day to day basis.
- Ensuring the team is meeting production goals, complying with company standards and federal collection laws and generally performing the essential functions of their position.
- Entering data and creating reports/matrix’ showing the progress of the team’s efforts to collect debts.
- Speaking with customers who wish to speak with a supervisor.
- Approving and allowing settlement and payment options.
- Reviewing delinquent account to determine which customers must be contacted for collection of overdue accounts.
- Organizing collection work load according to degree and amount of delinquency and assign accounts to workers for collection.
- Creating letter template to be used in collection efforts.
- Creating documentation to refer accounts to manager for possession and legal actions against customers.
- Assisting individuals with collection activities in difficult cases.
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in collections.
- Intermediate Excel skills (pivot table, vlookup, etc).
- Experience in leading a team preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to create and update reports used for leadership.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between