Illuminate Education is a market-leading software (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
The more schools we’re in, the bigger the difference we’re making for students and educators. For this reason, we’re seeking an Inside Sales Representative to grow our presence in a designated territory through presenting Illuminate’s value proposition to decision-makers in the K12 education space. This individual will drive new business within a designated territory through presenting Illuminate’s platforms with a consultative sales approach. The Inside Sales Representative must be passionate about education and Illuminate’s product, and must possess a proven track record of working collaboratively to identify and penetrate major market opportunities.
- Master a technical understanding of Illuminate’s product offerings and be able to articulate our unique value proposition in the most relevant way for the prospective client (consultative sales).
- Identify top sales prospects, evaluating most appropriate means of contact, and initiate contact with decision-makers within the K12 market.
- Maintain and expand a database of prospects.
- Take ownership for building authentic connections with sales prospects – always considering the best interests of the client – and nurture from prospect stage through to successful sale.
- Conduct high-level sales demonstrations and presentations using online presentation tools.
- Successfully mine for key customer information, then capture relevant, accurate and complete details, aiding in creation of robust profiles in our Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), Salesforce.
- Partner with larger sales team – particularly in designated region – to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Participate fully in product training sessions, meetings, skills training and professional development classes.
- Develop and constantly expand personal knowledge of the K-12 education marketplace, including key industry challenges that Illuminate Education addresses along with strong knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Provide product and service presentations/demonstrations via phone and webinar.
- Work with the outside sales team members in assigned “regional territory” to achieve territory goals via partnership, and territory planning/strategy.
- Sales experience within K12 education industry strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with web presentation tools (Go To Meeting, Zoom, etc.)
- Prior CRM experience.
- Ability and comfort level with directly contacting decision-makers at a school site and district level (“C-suite”).
- Growth mindset, active in pursuit of personal and professional growth.
- Self-motivated, with a strong intrinsic motivation to succeed at attaining personal and team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.