Illuminate Education is a rapidly growing EdTech, SaaS provider founded by educators, for educators. We offer next-gen web-based software tools for the K12 market. Our streamlined suite of products is a one-stop solution for comprehensive data management and analysis, enabling users at every level of the educational system efficient access to the information essential to their success.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating with a team of finance and accounting professionals.
Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of accounting tasks.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and balance inter-company accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain debt and interest schedules.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Identify areas to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Review trends in income statement and balance sheet accounts and analyze variances.
- Prepare and record third party partner reports and facilitate payments.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role.
Public accounting experience preferred.
In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Familiarity with P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
Experience with working with auditors and preparing audit schedules.
Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
Netsuite ERP experience preferred.
Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!