Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
The Revenue Manager is responsible for reviewing, evaluating and analyzing customer contract terms and presenting the expected ASC 606/842 accounting treatment, as well as advising the Sales, Legal and Finance teams regarding options for contract proposal and drafting phases. Additionally, record contract modifications, amendments, terminations, etc. for month end close purposes. Responsibilities:
- Review customer contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and accounting standards.
- Keep abreast of the latest changes in revenue recognition guidance.
- Research and present options regarding complex revenue recognition issues.
- Collaborate with Contracts and Sales teams during contract draft/proposal stage to identify any accounting and financial impacts.
- Align internal controls to developments in the business for changes in operations as needed (new revenue stream, organizational alignment, etc.)
- Develop revenue recognition models (lease and impairment analysis of new agreements).
- Manage specific accruals related to revenue acceleration / deferral related to performance obligations under 606/842.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve and automate revenue accounting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required. CPA strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of related Financial Analysis and Accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical GAAP, specifically revenue recognition.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to influence decisions across multiple cross functional teams.
- Strong spreadsheet and database management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and having proven project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify inherent risks and propose areas for improvements on existing and new processes.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of internal control design and operational effectiveness.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between