Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is part of our New York Ciy sales team and will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into targeted accounts. The position is responsible for qualifying prospects through high-level conversations with education leaders based on interest in the company’s solutions and how well prospects fit the company’s ideal customer profile. The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the sales organization, and the compensation package includes a commission structure.
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social activities to connect with new prospects.
- Diplomatically neutralize top-of-the-funnel objections.
- Respond rapidly to inbound leads through email and phone, as well as create outbound leads through prospecting and cold calling.
- Skillfully build interest and create opportunities with new prospects, meeting or exceeding quota of demonstrations and qualified opportunities.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams to initiate the sales cycle with new prospects and current customers.
- Coordinate demos on Account Executive’s calendar and log activities in CRM (Salesforce).
- Develop a thorough understanding of local markets where sales prospects exist (i.e. demographics, education trends, funding, and other key external influences).
- Maintain high level of product knowledge.
- Diligently record activities and notes maintaining the accuracy of sales/marketing database and accounts.
- Attend conferences as necessary (some travel required).
- Sincere customer empathy and commitment to improving education.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Highly organized and strong time management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Strong phone, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak with teachers, administrators and senior education leaders, and ask good questions.
- Ability to work in fast paced, changing environment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Programs and Google applications.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between