Illuminate Education is a rapidly growing EdTech, SaaS provider founded by educators, for educators. We offer next-gen web-based software tools for the K12 market. Our streamlined suite of products is a one-stop solution for comprehensive data management and analysis, enabling users at every level of the educational system efficient access to the information essential to their success.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, motivated and confident person with a solid accounting background, who is enthusiastic about being an integral part of the growth of our company. Strong organizational and communication skills, as well as proficiency in NetSuite and Excel will be essential to succeed in this position.
- Maintain cash spreadsheet daily and record cash journal entries monthly.
- Complete monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts and credit card accounts.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of pre-paids, fixed assets and accruals.
- Post all month-end close journal entries.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to GL.
- Analyze P&L and Balance accounts for trends and research variances.
- Record and report 3RD party partner royalties.
- Assist with special projects.
- Update monthly reports and variance analysis.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy is essential.
- Significant accounting experience focusing on general ledger accounting.
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to tactfully represent accounting with management members from other functions, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to create and improve processes.
- Microsoft Excel experience, including working with formulas, vlookups, pivot tables, and complex spreadsheets.
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite strongly preferred.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!