Illuminate Education is a rapidly growing EdTech, SaaS provider founded by educators, for educators. We offer next-gen web-based software tools for the K12 market. Our streamlined suite of products is a one-stop solution for comprehensive data management and analysis, enabling users at every level of the educational system efficient access to the information essential to their success.
Please note the application instructions detailed below under Additional Information.
- Support districts in the overall data extract and import process into Illuminate systems.
- Identify data problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Assist in improvement of overall data processes.
- Escalate data issues needing process re-engineering.
- Manage the internal process and workflow for data problems.
- Work with clients to ensure that all required data elements are provided and the data expectations are clear.
- Communicate status of data problems and issues clearly with the entire team.
- Work with customers to understand their data needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Math, Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in SQL.
- Basic knowledge of ETL processes.
- Proven organizational skills and workflow management.
- Experience with regular expression preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems.
To apply, please submit resume along with answers to the following questions. Answers should be in the "Message to Hiring Manager" text box just below resume attachment (4000 character limit).
- (A) Explain your understanding of ETL processes. (B) In your opinion what are the key elements of an effective/successful initial data extraction?
- Provide a brief overview of your experience with SQL.
- Do you agree with the adage "the customer is always right"? Please explain.
- What are your salary expectations (a range is fine)?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.