Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
This position supports and oversees Financial Operations, which primarily deliver the order-to-cash and
procure-to-pay functions. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
This position requires hands-on leadership and cross-functional teamwork skills. It also requires strong
coordination with sales, renewal operations, contracting and financial accounting. The ideal candidate
easily interfaces with all team members and is passionate about team development. The role is focused
on the performance and deliverables of financial operations team and supports the Finance team and
business as a whole.
- Supervise the billing, collections, and accounts payable/employee expense staff.
- Oversee and provide first-line approvals of cash disbursements (vendor/employee payments).
- Oversee and provide first-line approval of the weekly customer billings.
- Oversee employee expense and credit card coding processes.
- Oversee customer collections and cash application.
- Deliver inputs to financial accounting team to support daily cash reconciliation.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and controls and ensure adherence to the policies and controls on a daily basis.
- Manage, train and coach Financial operations team to perform their responsibilities. Provide real-time performance feedback to staff.
- Collaborate with other Finance Department managers and other Corporate departments to support overall Corporate goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the head of FP&A (and foster close team partnership regionally) to ensure understanding of variances to budget.
- 5+ years in financial operations roles (including time at accounting firms).
- Strong process documentation and controls documentation experience.
- Experience in managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable organizations.
- Familiarity with Netsuite and Salesforce.com order management processes.
- Demonstrable process re-engineering and improvement experience including the identification of inefficiencies, formulation of an action plan, and execution of changes.
- Prior experience working at Saas software company preferred.
- Strong Excel (Pivot Tables, lookups).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong adaptability, constructive and collaborative teaming, highly driven and output focused.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between