Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
This position supports and oversees Financial Operations, which primarily deliver the order-to-cash and procure-to-pay functions. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
This position requires hands-on leadership and cross-functional teamwork skills. It also requires strong coordination with sales, renewal operations, contracting and financial accounting. The ideal candidate easily interfaces with all team members and is passionate about team development. The role is focused on the performance and deliverables of financial operations team and supports the Finance team and business as a whole.
- Supervise the billing, collections, and accounts payable/employee expense staff.
- Oversee and provide first-line approvals of cash disbursements (vendor/employee payments).
- Oversee and provide first-line approval of the weekly customer billings.
- Oversee employee expense and credit card coding processes.
- Oversee customer collections and cash application.
- Deliver inputs to financial accounting team to support daily cash reconciliation.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and controls and ensure adherence to the policies and controls on a daily basis.
- Manage, train and coach Financial operations team to perform their responsibilities. Provide real-time performance feedback to staff.
- Collaborate with other Finance Department managers and other Corporate departments to support overall Corporate goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the head of FP&A (and foster close team partnership regionally) to ensure understanding of variances to budget.
- 5+ years in financial operations roles (including time at accounting firms).
- Strong process documentation and controls documentation experience.
- Experience in managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable organizations.
- Familiarity with Netsuite and Salesforce.com order management processes.
- Demonstrable process re-engineering and improvement experience including the identification of inefficiencies, formulation of an action plan, and execution of changes.
- Prior experience working at Saas software company preferred.
- Strong Excel (Pivot Tables, lookups).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong adaptability, constructive and collaborative teaming, highly driven and output focused.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.