Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
Location flexible - MD, DE, DC, WV, VA.
The more schools we’re in, the bigger the difference we’re making for students and educators. For this reason, we’re seeking an Account Executive to grow our presence in a designated territory through presenting Illuminate’s value proposition to decision-makers in the K12 education space. This individual will be responsible for driving new business within a designated territory through presenting Illuminate’s platforms with a consultative sales approach. The AE must be passionate about education and Illuminate’s product, and must possess a proven track record of working collaboratively to identify and penetrate major market opportunities.
- Meet or exceed quarterly / yearly revenue targets.
- Stay abreast of “all things education,” including industry trends, state assessment initiatives, etc.
- Remain current on knowledge surrounding educator goals and needs, and properly position Illuminate’s platforms as a solution for meeting those goals and needs.
- Work collaboratively with the existing business development team to identify sales leads and opportunities; then identify, scope, strategize and follow up on leads and opportunities.
- Provide effective product demonstrations to decision-makers.
- Represent Illuminate at local industry conferences and shows.
- Provide consistent, high-touch sales support to clients, with the goal of positioning Illuminate for the sale of additional value-added services or products.
- Ensure delivery of a consistent value messaging that ensures the client views Illuminate as a strategic partner.
- Provide market and client feedback to internal team to inform and shape new and innovative solutions or modifications that can be brought to market.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous district, school, or charter school experience preferred.
- Experience with Illuminate products a plus.
- Proven relationship management or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Strong public speaking, presentation and web demo skills.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!
At Illuminate our employees are our most valuable asset, and our progressive approach to benefits reflects that. We’ve got your back (literally… with ergonomically-friendly standing/adjustable desks) – from the little things (flex schedule, casual dress) to the big things (generous vacation, 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents) – and everything in between