Illuminate Education is a market-leading software (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
The Contracts Manager/Negotiator will provide support to the sales team by assisting with contract negotiations, drafting contractual language and providing advice on business related matters. The position requires someone with an eye for detail who can adroitly manage multiple competing priorities in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Review and negotiate complex contractual arrangements and provisions in support of the company’s business.
- Understand the business and integrate commercial and business needs into contract documentation.
- Review contract provisions for ambiguities and contemplate potential outcomes and creative solutions.
- Draft provisions to achieve intended results.
- Understand interrelationships among various contract provisions.
- Recommend contract language that supports the company’s business strategies and interests.
- Support requests for proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP) efforts relating to contractual terms and conditions.
- Coordinate review of contract terms with cross-functional support (e.g., sales, finance, engineering, etc.) as required to optimize opportunity and mitigate risk.
- Cooperate with leadership to alternate language, reviewing and approving deviations from standard templates.
- Conduct periodic contract reviews to ensure obligations are met by the company, its suppliers and business partners.
- Help prepare and provide periodic reports regarding contract activities and processes, including appropriate authorization levels.
- Develop understanding of internal contract management software programs.
- Recommend design improvements as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, financial or legal related discipline.
- MBA or graduation from an accredited law school preferred.
- 5+ years’ prior law firm or in-house experience.
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Strong planning and time-management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, MS Office, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.