Illuminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into targeted accounts. The position is responsible for qualifying prospects through high-level conversations with education leaders based on interest in the company’s solutions and how well prospects fit the company’s ideal customer profile. The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team. This position has advancement potential within the sales organization, and the compensation package includes a commission structure.
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social activities to connect with new prospects.
- Diplomatically neutralize top-of-the-funnel objections.
- Respond rapidly to inbound leads through email and phone, as well as create outbound leads through prospecting and cold calling.
- Skillfully build interest and create opportunities with new prospects, meeting or exceeding quota of demonstrations and qualified opportunities.
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams to initiate the sales cycle with new prospects and current customers.
- Coordinate demos on Account Executive’s calendar and log activities in CRM (Salesforce).
- Develop a thorough understanding of local markets where sales prospects exist (i.e. demographics, education trends, funding, and other key external influences).
- Maintain high level of product knowledge.
- Diligently record activities and notes maintaining the accuracy of sales/marketing database and accounts.
- Attend conferences as necessary (some travel required).
- Sincere customer empathy and commitment to improving education.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Highly organized and strong time management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Strong phone, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak with teachers, administrators and senior education leaders, and ask good questions.
- Ability to work in fast paced, changing environment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Programs and Google applications.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!