Illuminate Education is a rapidly growing EdTech, SaaS provider founded by educators, for educators. We offer next-gen web-based software tools for the K12 market. Our streamlined suite of products is a one-stop solution for comprehensive data management and analysis, enabling users at every level of the educational system efficient access to the information essential to their success.
We are looking for a seasoned, hardworking, smart and over achieving Sales Engineer/Solutions Specialist with proven experience and a passion for selling technology solutions to school district decision-makers.
You will be responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team success.
- Support sales executives with solution selling into prospect account base.
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles.
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions.
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition.
- Manage all technical aspects of customer responses.
- Effectively communicate client needs to the Data and R&D teams for future product enhancements.
- Collect and document competitive intelligence.
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Engineer.
- Background in K12 EdTech industry strongly preferred. Teaching/administration experience a plus.
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with decision makers.
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
We’re all Illuminators, and we’re all trying to change the world. We strive to be collaborative, team-oriented, and humble, with a focus on building and growing teams. Our culture is important, and we only want to work with kind, thoughtful, passionate people. A prerequisite to working here is the ability to laugh at yourself and others (when appropriate). We’re goal-oriented and fast-paced, but value a healthy work/life balance. But enough about us… We can’t wait to hear about you!