Item Bank Partners
KEY DATA SYSTEMS
Key Data Systems (KDS) — an industry leader in educational psychometric services and standards-based assessment — brings you next-generation solutions like the Inspect+ item bank and suite of pre-built assessments, NGSS Formative Assessments, Quick Checks short-cycle assessments, and STAAR Test Maker item bank (TX). KDS also provides custom assessment creation, professional development, and program evaluation, offering an effective combination of rigor, innovation, and integrity to equip educators with truly comprehensive assessment solutions.
NGSS Formative Assessments
STAAR Test Maker (TX)
Inspect+ is a formative assessment item bank and suite of over 500 pre-built assessments, providing educators a truly comprehensive assessment solution.
- Offers 100,000+ items that provide districts ample items for classroom and district assessments
- Provides a yearlong series of ready-to-use interim assessments that can be easily modified to align to your district’s pacing and prepares students for high-stakes testing
- Includes performance tasks and technology-enhanced items that familiarize students with the expected rigor and format of high-stakes tests and require deeper thinking than traditional item types may allow
- Incorporates English Language Learner Assessments that allow educators ongoing progress monitoring of English learners' English-language development in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Includes items developed with detailed distractor rationales and rubrics, reducing resource dependence by arming teachers with specific data for quick, targeted feedback for intervention and re-teaching
- Includes assessments aligned to the SBAC IAB blueprints allowing districts to mirror SBAC assessments while getting student-specific feedback at the target, standard, and item-level detail
- Delivers accurate measures of student mastery through a continuous item evaluation process that uses proven psychometric analysis to ensure items are performing as expected to maintain valid assessments
WHY NGSS FORMATIVE ASSESSMENTS?
Science educators want assessments that reflect the three dimensions of science learning, which rely on application of scientific knowledge and processes. Traditional science assessment content cannot do this, but content written specifically to address the NGSS* can.
- Pre-built assessments configured to assess NGSS Bundles and state-specific Instructional Segments for California, Michigan, and New York
- Help districts address the three dimensions of science learning
- Contain 18-24 items per assessment that cover the PEs defined in the Bundle, Topic, or Instructional Segment for grades 3 through high school
- Elicit evidence of learning from each response so teachers can gain insights into student progress and make meaningful instructional choices
- Embed professional development by showing the relationship among specific PEs, the three dimensions, and higher-order thinking
- Incorporate cross-curricular alignments to College and Career Readiness Standards in ELA and Math
*NGSS is a registered trademark of Achieve and is included as reference only.
WHY QUICK CHECKS?
Teachers need classroom assessments that can quickly and flexibly inform instruction. That’s why KDS’ Quick Checks are organized around instructionally important concepts like clusters in math and text complexity in reading.
- 600+ short-cycle assessments specifically designed to support teachers’ classroom assessment programs
- 250+ ELA Quick Checks address standards in Reading, Writing, Language, and Foundational Skills strands
- 350+ math Quick Checks address every CCR cluster or concept
- Can be used to quickly gauge understanding, plan reteaching, and guide instruction.
- Embedded PD to help teachers better understand, in ELA, how text complexity and task complexity progress over time, and in math, how a group of standards contribute to a cluster
- Designed to blend in with classroom activities and can be incorporated into lesson planning
WHY STAAR TEST MAKER?
Texas educators need an item bank written for Texas and the TEKS. The STAAR Test Maker item bank contains more than 65,000 TEKS-aligned test items written in the language and rigor of the STAAR.
- More than 65,000 Items in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Assesses all current TEKS, including the new streamlined Science TEKS
- Covers all STAAR-tested subjects and grades (and much more!)
- Continually refined based on educator input, internal review, and evolving TEA requirements
- Used in more than 200 Texas districts
- Living bank that is updated annually