MTSS / RTI
A Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) aligns district and site initiatives and resources to address the needs of all students. To holistically address the needs of the “whole child”, MTSS focuses on academic, behavioral, and social-emotional learning to create change in the services students receive.
This multifaceted approach provides the basis for closing the achievement gap and ensuring every student graduate college and career ready.
- Ensure equitable outcomes for all students.
- Develop a multi-faceted, strategically-tiered system of supports to ensure all students reach their highest potential.
- Leverage existing software to collect and evaluate successful track and monitor interventions to support student success.
What You'll Leave With
- collaboratively create a MTSS / RTI vision based on purpose and need
- establish goals for implementation and identify success criteria
- inventory current data collection tools, universal screeners, progress monitors, and other performance measures
- articulate the criteria for tiered supports as well as the referral process
- leverage Illuminate tools for assessment, data analysis, and intervention tracking
- develop an Early Warning System to identify students that may be “at risk”
Dr. Abram Jimenez works with district leadership teams across the country to develop ways to ensure equitable outcomes for all students. Prior to coming to Illuminate Education, Dr. Jimenez, served as Chief of School in the San Francisco Unified School District, where he provided supervision and support to the local area Assistant Superintendents and 142 schools. As a senior district leader and key cabinet member building coherence, Dr. Jimenez lead the district-wide implementation of SFUSD’s strategic plan and supported the district's theory of action that lead towards continuous improvement. Abram holds a B.A. in Political Science and a minor in Education from UCLA; a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership Studies from the University of San Diego and Doctorate from the University of Southern California in K-12 Urban Leadership.
Katie Sellstrom facilitates professional learning opportunities with educators and leaders around MTSS and RTI, early literacy, coaching, and the inquiry cycle. In her previous roles, Katie has served as a District Lead Coach, a site-based Literacy Coach, and an elementary teacher. She earned her B.A. from UC Davis in Political Science, Public Service and her M.A. from CSU Sacramento in Language and Literacy