Dr. Gail L. Thompson, the Illuminate Education Equity and Professional Development Expert, is an awarding winning author and has appeared on numerous television and radio programs. She is available for speaking engagements as a keynote presenter, guest speaker, or as a panelist.
Some of her presentation topics include:
- Becoming Fearless, Serious and Strategic About Equity in Schools.
- Making Black, Latino, and Low-Income Students’ Lives Really Matter in Schools.
- The Power of One: How You Become a Turnaround Educator of African American Students.
- Prepare to lead site and district conversations that improve equity and access for all learners.
- Ensure equitable outcomes for all students.
- Improve educational outcomes for underserved students.
Dr. Gail L. Thompson is focused on helping to develop more racially equitable policies and programs within school districts. In her previous positions, Dr. Thompson has served as Wells Fargo Endowed Professor of Education at Fayetteville State University and board member on the African American Advisory Committee for the California State Board of Education. She has written six books and was awarded the “Distinguished Alumna Award” by Claremont Graduate University in 2009.
- Transform Your Classroom with a Culturally Responsive Curriculum
- What You Can Do When the Swastika Appears in Your Classroom
- An Overlooked Genius: How to Empower Students With Disabilities
- Becoming Fearless: Serious, and Strategic About Equity in Schools