With nationwide remote learning in place, some educators are experiencing slightly more flexibility in their daily schedules than they would if students were still in school. Although we are not sure what the fall will look like, many teachers and administrators are attempting to utilize this unexpected time for developing or sharpening skills that will help them accelerate learning when students do return.
If your team is starting to seek out professional development activities, here are a six different professional learning kits to consider. They’re great for individuals or for virtual teams. Simply pick a kit and complete these reflection questions.
Comprehensive Assessment Systems:
In the fall, educators will need to use their assessment tools quickly and correctly to diagnose where students are in their standards and skills mastery and inform instruction and intervention. This kit outlines the key assessments that support those processes.
- [Webinar] Comprehensive Assessment Systems 101 – 60 mins
- [Infographic] Comprehensive Assessment Systems – 5 mins
Assessment & Data Literacy:
Assessment and data literacy enables educators to turn data into insights for each student—both upon returning to school and throughout the year.
- [Blog] The Case for Assessment Literacy: Why It’s Critical for All of Us – 4 mins
- [eBook] Assessment Literacy 101 – 60 mins
- [Blog] How to Use Quality Assessment Content to Build Assessment and Data Literacy – 12 mins
- [Blog] How to Grow Assessment Literacy Around Whole Child Data – 12 mins
Discover a framework for using data to pinpoint each student’s needs, align interventions, monitor progress, and accelerate learning—all while using resources strategically.
- [Blog] What is MTSS? How to Explain MTSS to Almost Anyone – 12 mins
- [Webinar] MTSS 101: The Essentials – 60 mins
- [Blog] MTSS vs RTI vs PBIS – What’s the Difference? – 12 mins
- [Blog] MTSS Tiers and MTSS Interventions 101 – 12 mins
Assessment Deep Dives:
Deepen your understanding of what each key assessment tool tells us about student learning and what types of decisions different assessments can inform.
- [Blog] Why Should Schools Conduct Academic and Behavior Screening? – 12 mins
- [Webinar] Progress Monitoring Essentials – 60 mins
- [Webinar] Formative Assessment Essentials – 62 mins
- [Blog] Should I Assess for Behavior, Social-Emotional Learning, or Mental Health? – 12 mins
Analyzing Assessment Data:
Learn practical approaches for making the connection between assessment data and taking the best next step for students.
- [Webinar] Analyzing & Interpreting Assessment Data – 36 mins
- [Webinar] Assessment Analysis for Standards-Aligned Instruction – 40 mins
- [Blog] 4 Types of Filters to Help You Find Patterns in Your Data – 14 mins
Making MTSS Work:
Now that you have a general understanding of MTSS, dig into daily best practices and unpack key questions around key data.
- [Blog] How I Made MTSS Work in My District – 16 mins
- [Blog] Turning Tier 1 Universal Data into Action – 14 mins
- [Blog] Maximizing Tier 2 and Tier 3 Data: Progress Monitoring, Intervention Fidelity, and Intervention Effectiveness – 14 mins
- [Blog] 5 Strategies for Implementing MTSS at the Secondary Level – 16 mins
- [Webinar] Supporting All Students with Equity-Based MTSS – 58 mins
Looking for more resources around supporting remote learners? Check out our Distance Learning Community Page for free resources for your team, including webinars, professional learning activities, articles, product tips, and more.
Illuminate Education partners with K-12 educators to equip them with data to serve the whole child and reach new levels of student performance. Our solution brings together holistic data and collaborative tools and puts them in the hands of educators. Illuminate supports over 17 million students and 5200 districts/schools.
Ready to discover your one-stop shop for your district’s educational needs? Let’s talk.